Ru / En

Золотые ворота

Киев Украина

Золотые ворота возвели в 1037 во время правления в Киеве великого князя Ярослава Мудрого.

Андреевский спуск

Киев Украина

Согласно легенде, Андреевский спуск получил название в честь Святого Андрея Первозванного.

Улица Дерибассовская

Одесса Украина

Дерибассовская – символ Южной Пальмиры, если вы желаете лицезреть самые красивые и интересные виды Одессы, то вам стоит заглянуть на эту улицу.

Герцог де Ришелье

Одесса Украина

Памятник основателю города, герцогу Ришелье, на Променаде – одна из главных достопримечательностей Одессы.

Города

Киев

Львов

Одесса

Навигация

Путешествия

Новости

Статьи

Карта Украины

Контакты

Карта Киева

Карта Киевского метро

Погода в Киеве



Articles

26/10/2012

The Nicholas Church


The Nicholas Church

Nicholas Church, the Roman Catholic Church of St. Nicholas in Kiev, has been used since 1980 as the House of Organ and Chamber Music.

It is located on Krasnoarmeevskaya Street, 77 (nearest metro station Olympiyskaya)

The construction of St. Nicholas church began in 1899. This church is built in Gothic forms with long, gothic towers and steeples, that differs in slender proportions, ease and clarity of compositional structure. Difficult conditions of construction and architectural design inspired architects to apply innovative at the time engineering technology. A.E.Strausom first engineer in the construction practice was offered to make a foundation work on concrete piles, and concrete was widely used in the construction - a new building material. The church was richly decorated with wall paintings, as well as stained glass windows, of which there were 40 (not preserved). In 1909 the church was sanctified. It was closed and ransacked in 1933, the clergy were persecuted. The stocks were placed in the building. In 1943, in times of World War II, the church was seriously damaged after the artillery fire, it was burning.

In the post war years the building of the church was partially restored and rebuilt according to the needs of Kiev State Region archive.

In 1978 the government of USSR made a decision of creating the House of Organ and Chamber Music and the building was reconstructed into a concert hall. In the meantime the restoration works were also held. Starting from 1980th the Nicholas Church began to function as a Concert hall of Organ and Chamber Music.

The organ in the House of Organ music was custom made by the experts from the company "Rieger-Kloss" in Krnov, in Czechoslovakia.

While designing the highest consideration was attributed to the organic combination of the instrument with the interior of the former Nicholas church. The organ has 55 registers, distributed over three manual keyboards and pedals, 3846 tubes of different diameters and lengths (from 13 mm to 6 meters), made of metal and fine wood (used black and red). The organ has a wide tonal palette, and it has successfully performed the works of various styles from early music to contemporary authors.

Do you like this article?

 

Comments to the article - The Nicholas Church

 
This article has not yet commentedWrite a comment
Your name*


 
Refresh code
   Enter code from the picture

Избранные места
    Аренда квартир
    2012 enjoyukraine.info All rights reserved. The content is protected Google